Product: Frozen peas, diced carrots, cut corn, and pinto beans
Problem: pneumatic conveyor system had inherent flaws for this application:
- High temperatures of compressed air for the pneumatic system required a cool down system for the product. The impact: costly to operate and more maintenance.
- Required Filter Receiver resulted in product buildup around the inlet and required constant cleaning and created sanitary compliance issues.
- Large equipment footprint created space and operational challenges.
- High energy consumption due to motor requirements (25hp – 45hp).
Solution: The Cablevey® Conveyors Clearvey 300 Series/ 6″ plastic tube conveyor system optimized the conveying process. The new system benefits:
- No compressed air eliminated high temperatures, saving energy, maintenance cost, and space.
- No required Filter Receiver reduced product buildup and increased sanitary compliance via the enclosed tubing system.
- Smaller equipment footprint improved efficiency and allowed for easier access for maintenance and quality checks.
- Reduced energy consumption by using a 5hp motor. Also, the 5hp motor reduced potential product degradation.
The Cablevey Product Testing Center is available to design the most efficient conveying solution for your specific needs. What product would you like tested? Schedule a test with our conveying experts. Learn more.
2397 Highway 23
Oskaloosa, IA 52577