Cablevey® Conveyors – Garbanzo Beans
November 30, 2020
This product does run smoothly in the system and does not roll back or wedge. Noise levels for this product went from 77 decibels to 85 decibels when product was in the system. Amp draw increased from 5.9 amps to 6.3 amps when product was running in the system. The low slip and repose angles for this product indicate that the product will flow easily. A capacity test was performed and filmed in which 1012 lbs of beans was conveyed in 2 minutes and 30 seconds in a 4” conveyor. A 4”, 6”, or 8” Cablevey conveyor would transport this product well.
- TESTING CONDITIONS: 65 degrees F and 40% relative humidity
- SAMPLE IDENTIFICATION: The sample was garbanzo beans. (See picture at end of report)
- TEST OBJECTIVE: Determine how well a Cablevey conveyor would move this product.
- TEST PROCEDURES: Standard lab procedures were used for bulk densities, slip angles, angle of repose, pull tests, and practical conveying.
- EQUIPMENT USED: 4″ conveyor, pull-test apparatus, and standard lab bench test equipment.
*Slip angle determines the products friction against stainless steel
*Repose angle is the products internal frictions.
The conveyor was running at 20 htz. which equates to 46 ft/minute. This was ran in a 4” conveyor using UHMW discs, 304 Stainless enclosed tubing, stainless steel coated cable and the distance from disc to disc is 4”
Conveyor dimensions are 43’ horizontal from the inlet into vertical 13’ back to horizontal 26’ to the discharge point. 5.4 hp motor on the drive with ABB ACS355 VFD