Extend your Warranty. Expose Errors. Ensure Functionality. Commission Your Conveying System.
Cablevey offers commissioning to help ensure the installed conveyor runs to its full potential. A service technician will show up by appointment once all mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic installation is completed and materials are ready to be introduced to the system.
As part of the commissioning service, at this point the technician will:
- Run a camera through the entire system layout to ensure there are no gaps, misalignments or metal fragments (from installation) left inside the system
- Oversee realignment or readjustment if gaps are discovered
- Ensure the system is thoroughly cleaned if metal fragments or foreign materials are detected
- Install the cable and discs into the tubes
- Conduct a test run of the product the system is designed to convey, from the inlet feed through the sweeps and runs to the discharge outlet
- Verify the product is flowing at the desired speed
- Provide training for available maintenance or operations personnel
Whether using in-house staff or contracting with an outside firm of pipefitters or millwrights, contact Cablevey when the installation completion date is in the books to schedule commissioning. The average commissioning visit for a single system installation usually lasts an entire day. As a final step in the commissioning process, the technician will issue a report for the customer with findings from the system inspection.
Should a customer decide to alter the conveyor system layout or structure between a supervised installation and a commissioning appointment, the applications department needs to clear any changes, which will issue a new set of prints. Any gaps or misalignments that are not corrected during commissioning will void the warranty.
Commissioning Extends the Warranty
The conventional warranty covers the gear motor for 12 months after purchase. Companies that take advantage of commissioning receive a 12-month extended warranty on system components after the Cablevey technician approves the installation under regular use from the date of purchase when the system is installed within its recommended limitations.
Are you installing a new Cablevey tubular conveying system? Talk to our service department about scheduling commissioning.