Evaluating and Implementing New Conveyor Systems
The food processing industry continues to experience significant growth and to handle that growth, organizations are spending more time evaluating existing conveyor systems, determining the need for new systems, and selecting the best system for their specific needs.
This independent research study quantifies the food conveyor selection process by asking 290 professionals in the food processing industry to provide their insight on critical considerations when evaluating a system.
The systems evaluated were:
- Aero Mechanical Conveyors
- Bucket Elevators
- Cable Conveyors
- Pneumatic Conveyors
- Round-Link Chain Conveyors
- Screw Augers
- Pneumatic Conveyors
Download the full report here
Four critical considerations were:
- Product Integrity: Maintaining the integrity and homogeneity of materials is critical in the conveying process, and some systems aren’t up for the challenge.
- Facility Requirements: Certain types of conveying systems can’t accommodate some workspaces and facility requirements.
- Maintenance and Downtime: A system that requires frequent maintenance and part replacements will affect production throughput and cost operation.
- Energy and Efficiency: The size of the motor and the amount of horsepower required to run a conveying system can have a major impact on production costs. Download full report…
As you plan to update or replace your food conveyor system, prepare a list of questions to ask a prospective provider.
Here is a list to get you started.
- What are the steps to managing an optimal layout for your conveyor?
- How do you compare with similar conveyors for energy usage?
- How do I contact you if I have difficulty during a self install? On the weekend?
- How much time does it take to clean your system?
- How can I tell if your conveyor is clean to the standard used in our facility?
- Will we have a dedicated account rep available to us? What days? What hours?
- Can we test our materials in your system before we buy one?
- How do we prevent downtime?
- Do you offer an ongoing maintenance agreement?
- Are replacement parts easily available? How long does it take for you to ship them once ordered? Download full report…