Position Title: Product Testing Technician
Department: Engineering & Quality
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
This position reports immediately to the Product Testing Manager. The Product Testing Technician performs essential functions relating to aiding in testing products, cleaning and sanitizing the test lab, lab maintenance, research, and documentation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in documentation and keeping up-to-date product and project SDS books.
- Research new material requests and potential hazards
- Assist in setting up and performing product tests.
- Assist with sanitation and cleanup of lab and equipment after testing.
- Assist with material procurement, storage, and disposal
- Customer and sales data documentation
- Create procedures/work instructions for testing of products.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand for up to 4 hours at a time
- Report any unsafe conditions or acts to the Supervisor.
- Ensure that work assignments are performed in accordance with approved plans, schedules, and programs.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Cablevey.
- Work assignments are carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor
- Must be willing to travel 30-40% of the time including overnight and weekends.
- Be able to document service process, parts used, and hours worked.
- Work closely with the Service Manager and others on the team.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues with our conveyor systems, and give sound solutions.
- Manage all onsite installation, repair, and maintenance on conveyor systems.
- The candidate must be able to input service information, hours worked, and hours traveled into a specific data system.
- The candidate must be able to show proven mechanical skills.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Work in a productive and efficient manner.
- Treat all Cablevey information and customer information in a confidential manner
- Understand and abide by office policies and procedures
- Maintain and continually improve technical and professional abilities
- Develop good working relationships with Cablevey employees, representatives, and customers
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Familiarity with 3D modeling software (SolidWorks)
- Familiarity with Industrial Cleaning Practices
- Experience in Lab/Food Grade Environment
- High school diploma
- Excellent math skills with the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use measurement devices such as tape measures, micrometers, calipers, and scales.
- Ability to read and understand basic and advanced blueprints and charts.
- Ability to drive a scissors lift and forklift.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with employees, supervisors, vendors, and customers.
- Experience/proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Interested candidates should complete and return an Internal Position Application to be considered for this position. This position has been posted internally and externally.
If you have any questions regarding the position, duties or responsibilities, please contact John Adair at extension 449, or via email at email@example.com
This posting was distributed on Monday, February 21, 2022.
Apply for a Position
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org