Position Title: R&D Laboratory Technician
Department: Engineering & Quality
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
This position reports immediately to the Research & Development Manager. The R&D Laboratory Technician performs essential functions relating to the management, maintenance, upkeep, organization, cleaning, and testing within the Cablevey Research and Development Laboratory.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lab organization, management, and tool crib administration
- Maintenance and cleaning of R&D Laboratory
- Assist with prototyping (3D printer, woodworking, welding, and simple machining)
- Management and maintenance of 3D Printers
- Manage filament inventory
- 3D print scheduling
- Troubleshooting of printing errors
- Cleaning and repair of printers
- Assist with experimental testing
- Occasionally assist with product testing
- Pick-up/delivery/errands as needed by R&D
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand for up to 4 hours at a time
- Safe operation of scissors lifts and fork trucks
- Report any unsafe conditions or acts to the Supervisor.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Cablevey.
- Work assignments are carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor
- Familiarity with 3D modeling software (SolidWorks)
- Familiarity with PLC programming and electronics assembly
- Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
- Familiarity with Engineering Change Notices (ECN)
- Excellent math skills with the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior knowledge of qualifying products and/or inspection processes.
- Ability to use measurement devices such as tape measures, micrometers, calipers, and scales.
- Ability to read and understand basic and advanced blueprints and charts.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with employees, supervisors, vendors, and customers.
- Experience/proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Interested candidates should complete and return an Internal Position Application to be considered for this position. This position has been posted internally and externally.
If you have any questions regarding the position, duties, or responsibilities, please contact John Adair at extension 449, or via email at email@example.com
This posting was distributed on Tuesday, February 22, 2022.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Apply for a Position
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org